The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Friday, May 18, 2012

Day Off!

I cherish the days that Chris and I have off of work together,
especially now that he's working a lot of overtime
to get enough hours for PA schools.
Tonight was especially fantastic since we both had
pretty rough weeks at work.
Yesterday was a very busy and draining day
in good ol' labor and delivery.
Chris started off the evening by waking up and going
out with the missionaries, meaning that
I got to sleep in :)
Thank goodness, because I've been developing a cold.
After watching The Vow (finally!) while Chris
took a nap (he said he would throw up if he watched it),
I woke up my sleepy hubby and we had some fun in the kitchen!
If you know me at all, you know that I am NOT a good cook,
neither do I enjoy it very much.
It just takes up so much thought and time,
plus I get very frustrated if it doesn't turn out as good as I want.
However, when I get to cook with Chris,
it's one of my favorite things!
We have so much fun trying out new things,
and it's a good way to spend time together.
We talk, laugh, sing, and dance around.
LOVE it!
We started off with potstickers as our appetizer,
then tried out a new recipe I found
for chicken parmesan burgers.
I hate spaghetti more than any food in the world,
so Chris sadly has never gotten to eat
the real chicken parmesan in this household.
It was a good compromise to have
all the flavory goodness of the dish on a bun instead of spaghetti.


As we ate, we watched the show we've been waiting for,
Next Food Network Star!
We're food network junkies.
It inspires me to want to cook better haha.
Next we had some fun learning a new song
to sing and play on guitar.
Chris's musical ability always amazes me,
he can hear a song one time
then just start playing away perfectly.
Now currently, he is quizzing me on bands
that I've never heard of
and, as usual, being disappointed
in my lack of musical knowledge.
Oh well, I'm slowly learning!
So all in all, a great night with my best friend :)




3 comments:

  1. Summer you two are darling! yay for starting a blog! so so cute!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sum, I LOVE THIS! Why have I gone so long without knowing you had a blog! I miss you heaps. I hope you're so happy with the baybays! We'll talk... one day =) Love you summy. -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Summer!
    I'm so glad you and Chris had a fun night off! Cooking is so much fun when you do it together. We love the Food Network too. We taped the new Food Network Star and are going to watch it today! It's so funny to hear you talk about Chris and music. It reminds me of when he was growing up. He can play any song after hearing it once. Amazing! He also used to quiz us on what the names of songs were and the name of the group who sang it. I was almost always a disappoint in that area, but Dad usually fared a bit better with it. It's nice that the two of you sing together. I hope today is a good one for both of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete