The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Family reactions!

Of course I was most excited to tell my sweet husband the exciting news! I thought that he would be expecting it but as you can see, he was pretty surprised! I love that you can see every stage of his reaction in these pictures: first excitement at a random present,





 then confusion,



and disbelief..


 then  finally happiness :) 




All followed by sheer terror at the realization that we would soon be caring for a tiny human being. He probably sat staring for a solid ten minutes. But all in all it was so much fun to share the joy with my Love!





A couple of weeks later we told my parents over FaceTime because we wouldn't be seeing them in person over the Christmas break, it was pretty tender. My mom was wanting this almost as much as I was!

We then told Chris's family during the holidays. I had been trying for weeks to think of a clever way to tell everyone, but fell short. We resorted to quickly throwing together the cheesy plan to have the number 7 written in pepperoni on our pizza. This will be their seventh grand baby. It turned out pretty illegible so it was funny seeing their confusion.

I'm so grateful for amazing friends and family to share this exciting time with!!

Ps- it looks like I can't upload video! Boo, why am I am technologically challenged?!















2 comments:

  1. So cute Summer! I thought it was so clever the way you told us! I have told so many people about how you told us about our newest grandchild! We are SO excited!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I wish we could have captured it on video, Summy. What a blessing and a gift. We can't wait to share this little Lillenberg baby with you and Chris, and the whole Lillenberg and Brooks clans!!

    ReplyDelete