The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Friday, March 15, 2013

It's A......!!!

We finally found out the gender!!  And it's a........
 

 
Girl!!!!!!!
 
Oh hooray, this is the happiest thing ever!
I thought the day would never come.
I haven't been sleeping all week,
then we finally got to the appointment and they
were delayed by 45 minutes!
We thought we were going to die!
Ah, it's just the sweetest, happiest, most relieving feeling
to finally know what's been brewing in the belly
for the past 18 weeks.
We would be ecstatic with a boy or girl, but
there's something sweet about thinking
of a tender, precious little daughter
that Chris can dote on and be protective over :)
I was 99% convinced that it was a boy,
so it was quite a shocker when we heard.
Now we can FINALLY start talking about baby names!
We made a deal that we wouldn't discuss until after we knew the gender.
 
To announce it to our families, we filled party poppers
with blue and pink confetti and numbered them 1 and 2
accompanied with a poem that went something like this:
 
Summer's belly's growing, and soon it's going to pop.
So sit your booties down, and prepare your jaws to drop.
Grab yourself a popper; It's not what you would think.
Jot down your bets on paper; Will it be blue or pink?
So check the magic number, the most important clue.
We'll let you know on Friday if it is a 1 or 2.
Just be very cautious, Don't open the wrong one.
On such a special day, you don't want to look dumb.
Get the camera ready, don't forget a single piece.
We want to see your faces when you know if it's a.....
grandson, granddaughter, boy cousin, girl cousin, nephew, or NIECE!
 
I wish I could take all the credit for it, but the idea was pretty
much all Chris :)  He's so cute.
And he even helped me a lot with writing the poem.
So our families all got to pop their poppers and find
out the gender this afternoon.
(With the exception of my brother, Todd, whose poppers
unfortunately exploded in the mail!)
 
This whole thing is getting more real every day.
I feel like I'm just getting bigger and bigger
and can't wait until I can feel distinct movements.
Usually I think I feel something at night,
but I'm always half asleep and probably just dreaming,
or my stomach is just growling.
 
We couldn't feel more blessed.
We cannot wait for the day when we get to meet
this precious angel!
 
 
 
 
Here are some photoshoot bloopers....we had a little too much fun.
 
Completely missed the shot

Chris looks like he's hating life.
 
 My hand slipped off the string
 
Chris's crazy face trying to look excited
This about made me pee my pants haha

Chris's hand slipping

We ended up running out of poppers and resorted
to throwing confetti

 

Oh my husband

Aaannnd, we made a mess
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. You guys just make me smile. Keep the posts comin', Summy. Yay for pink!!! Love you both.

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! SSUUUMMMYYY!!!!!! That is the CUTEST Idea i've seen yet! How did you guys get so creative?! I am SOOOO happy for you! A GIRL!!!! I can't wait to meet this little one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the most creative people! What a fun way to tell us about our little sweet pea. We had an audience of 150 second graders when we got the news since I was teaching music to all of the second grade at that time. They enthusiastically screamed when they heard it was a girl. We can't wait to meet our precious new granddaughter in just a few short months! We love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer and Chris, you are so cute. :) I love seeing how you are doing. Miss you, and so grateful I know you! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete