The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Saturday, June 22, 2013

32 Weeks

32 Weeks!!  What?!?!
I can't believe it, only eight short weeks to go.
It makes me nervous because I feel like I have sooo much to do before
my sweet baby gets here, but at the same time I feel like it's never
going to come!
Even just the last week has crawled by.
 
Now other people are starting to see as much as I can feel how much I've
popped in the last few weeks.  She's getting so big!
She's supposedly almost four pounds by now and I'm starting
to feel her all up in my ribs...not the most comfortable thing!
I kind of feel like a whale, especially when trying to get up from
the couch or bed, it's pretty amusing.
Chris has been the sweetest and gives me back rubs almost every day
to ease the aches.
 

 
So the newest thing in the pregnancy is being diagnosed with
gestational diabetes :(
I was pretty upset about it at first and frankly just embarrassed...
I felt like I had failed and was unhealthy for my baby.
But as it turns out, it's really been a blessing in disguise.
What better motivation to live a healthier lifestyle than for your baby?
This was our cart the other week, I had never bought so much produce in my life.
 

 
It's been really hard, because I'm pretty sure I have the biggest sweet tooth on the planet,
but it's definitely been good for me. 
I've come to discover that Splenda is my new best friend...
who knew there was sugar free ice cream?!
The hardest thing is just having to be constantly aware of
what I'm eating.
I can't just grab anything I want when I want it.
This will definitely be a lifelong lifestyle change for me,
and for that, I am grateful :)
My sugars have all been fine with watching my diet,
so hopefully baby won't be negatively affected,
all I care about is having a healthy baby!
 
I used to hate peanut butter....but now we're good friends.
It has protein, which I need, and is also a free carb for me to munch on!
(I hate carb counting!)
 

 
Now that the day is getting closer, I've been feeling pressure to get everything
ready, including the hospital bags.
So for fathers day, I got Christopher some essentials.
 



Chris brushing up on his Baby Wise skills :)



Yes, I have a husband who will iron curtains for the nursery :)
 


It's finally almost finished!!  Just missing the changing table.
I'll sit in my comfy glider and read because I just love being in that cute room :)
Can't wait to meet this little girl!!!
 


2 comments:

  1. Ah! Sum! You're so darling! I can't even tell you're that far when your tummy is facing forward! You little skinny minny! I'm so sorry to hear about gestational diabetes. That scares me, but I know Chris is taking care of you. Thanks for the update little miss! Let's talk soon! Love you!-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes. That stinks. Hope that all goes well for the next 2 months.

    Be sure to read a few different baby books, as there are a lot of ways to handle a baby, and most of the books have at least one useful idea. :)

    ReplyDelete