The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Omaha


As a final little get-out-of-town before the babe gets here,
we took a trip to Omaha to visit Chris' sister!
It was so good to see her family.
They're vegan,
so naturally our first stop on the way to Nebraska was
a BBQ joint to get a final fix of meat :)
And it was THE most amazing bbq I've ever had.
Chris really enjoyed it too :)
(PS- our first experience with vegan food was actually surprisingly tasty)
 


We spent some time outside and playing with our niece,
who was just LOVING on Christopher the whole time.
He is really going to be the most amazing daddy.
 



 
 

Sara totally hooked us up.
She was soooooo generous and gave us SO much baby stuff.
Clothes, shoes, a car seat, a bath tub, aaaand a changing table.
Such a life saver!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
 


I woke up one morning and was just thinking
about how lucky I am to get to wake up next to this cute face every morning :)
 


Mmmm, mmm, mmm!
My breakfast nearly every morning, AND completely vegan!
Bran flakes with fresh fruit and soy milk.
But don't tell my doctor, I'm not supposed to eat cold cereal
cause of the diabetes,
but I had to splurge.... :)


We also went to the zoo while we were there!
Other than the intense heat and a LOT of walking....
which isn't such a good combination for someone 34 weeks pregnant,
it was so fun.
Sara and Kate are so cute, especially with a creepy shark in the background :)



 
Ah, one of my favorite pictures


This was by far my favorite exhibits, I love orangutans and monkeys!!
 








We're starting a little tradition to try to visit restaurants that have
been on the show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives when we go places.
(Yes, we are food network nerds)
We've actually been to quite a few now, and this one didn't disappoint!!
So tasty!
 




I don't know what they were talking about, but I love this picture
because it shows their relationship.
Chris and his sister are goofy and funny and so cute together.
 


On our way home we had to hit up another BBQ place again, of course!
And our server gave us a free entree, four free side dishes, AND free dessert.
He must've felt for me and my gigantic belly.
 


Apparently Chris can't go on a trip without some kind of injury.
Just before leaving for home, he threw out his back :(
We had to make an emergency trip to the chiropracter
and luckily it helped enough to be able to still drive home,
but it took him a while to fully recover.  Poor guy.
 


I love road trippin with this cutie :)
 




Working on the changing table that Sara gave to us.
Of course Chris did most of the work,
but I helped a little bit :)
 


The finished product!
I can't believe how well it ended up matching everything.
Last night there was some serious nesting going on.  We did a billion loads
of laundry and organized all of little girl's clothes.
Any time now, little one!
 


On one of our last days in Omaha, we took a Sunday stroll around a beautiful lake
and Sara was sweet enough to snap a few pictures for us :)
This shirt makes me look like a whale...or maybe that's just how I really look now haha.
 






This one's our favorite.
We love you so much already, baby!!!
 


1 comment:

  1. Ah! I miss your cute smile! Thanks for sharing this sum! I love, love, love you three!

    ReplyDelete