The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Sunday, September 22, 2013

I Don't Know About You....

...But I'm feeling 22!!!!
And yes, I did play that song about fifteen times on Friday.
(Which Chris especially enjoyed)
Speaking of my hubs, can I just brag that I have
THE greatest and sweetest husband ever?!
He spoiled me rotten and gave me my perfect idea of a fantastic day.
 
 
To start out with, we needed a new baby monitor
anyway since our hand-me-down was kind of broken,
but I consider this a birthday presents cause Chris let me
splurge..
and it is hands down one of the greatest things ever invented!!



I mean, come on..a video monitor??
It is perfect for a super paranoid parent like myself,
I LOVE it!!
And we found a really good deal on it, so that makes it even sweeter :)
 


After a most scrumptious breakfast of French toast and
buttermilk syrup, Chris gave me this box.
Imagine my excitement when I could feel something moving!
A puppy?!?!?!
 

 
Unfortunately Chris is too responsible to get a puppy when we
have a newborn to take care of,
but he DID bring home little Howie and Roxie!!
They were our cute ferrets that we gave to a friend last year.
He was planning on borrowing them for a few
hours to play with, but ironically
the friend was going out of town all weekend
and said we got to keep them for a few days.... (yaayy....) haha.
 
My next gift was a note saying that we had an
appointment for a couples massage!!!
Hallelujah, I've had one once before and it was the greatest
thing of my life.  Friday was just as wonderful.
My massage therapist told me that my "traps are completely torn up".
Yep, I know.  I have knots allllll the time.


 

Chris knows me too well.
We stopped at a sketchy little Hispanic store
to pick up some delicious Mexican candy!!!
Anything covered in chili powder is amazing :)
 

 
Next on my most perfect day,
we walked around the mall and shopped :)
Ha, so simple, but I very rarely buy new clothes,
and it's even more rare that Chris will come with me.
I was in heaven.


Steak, potatoes, and rolls with apple butter.
What more could a girl want??
 


This is how we felt after dinner, soooo full.
 
 
Okay, as if my birthday hadn't already been wonderful enough,
we topped it off with going to see WICKED!!!!
I've been dying to see it forever and when I heard they
were coming to Oklahoma,
I dropped hints everyday to Chris that I wanted to go.
He bought tickets without telling me, intending for it to be a birthday surprise..
but my cunning ways mixed with Chris's inability
to keep a secret led to me finding out
about it a couple months ago :)
 

 
It was amazing!!!  Everything I ever hoped it would be!!
I was so giddy the whole time.
I want to see it again and again!!





My birthday was amazing,
but I missed seeing this adorable face all day.
Nothing can top coming home to my beautiful baby girl.
 



 
I love you Chris and Scarlett!!

1 comment:

  1. You cut your hair!!! It is super cute! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday. Chris knows how to do birthdays. My favorite birthday present in my 30 yrs was from Chris. He is very sweet. And Miss Scarlett is getting prettier and prettier!

    ReplyDelete