The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Successful Day


One of the hardest things for me these past few weeks
has been feeling unproductive.
Obviously I'm doing my job of focusing on taking care of my little one,
but the OCD in me makes me cringe
when I have a dirty house and piles of laundry.
And it's not the most awesome thing when Chris
comes home from school and I'm still in my pajamas sitting
in the same spot on the couch.
 
BUT, good news is, we're starting to figure out a schedule.
Scarlett will actually take solid naps, which has allowed me to not
feel like as much of a blob.
 
Today, for example, was a success.
Chris woke up early with me and we read our scriptures
while Scarlett fed. 
Then we worked out together!
This was my first real workout since delivering.
It was hard, but it felt so good to move again.
 
I got to shower and get ready for the day.
Then I cleaned, did laundry, and played with this little cutie.
 

 
She's finally starting to get her days and nights figured out-
she let me sleep for six hours straight last night!!
 
Then Scarlett and I went on a little stroll around the neighborhood!
Cabin fever is a real thing, one of the highlights
of my day is walking down the street to check the mail.
But today we ventured to uncharted territory,
the neighborhood across from us- haha.
It was so nice to be out in the fresh air,
we're probably going to make this a regular activity.

 
I was feeling soooo good about myself for having such a good day...
when Scarlett decided to throw up all over me.
She has some serious issues with burp cloths, she avoids
them like the plague.
When I tried to move her head onto the cloth,
she jerked it to the other side of my shirt and threw up again.
Good job sweetheart, you got my whole front side.
I changed my shirt, and then this lovely happened...


Guess she wanted to even it out and get my pants too.
This clean up was a two person job, to Chris's excitement :)
 
Then she finished out the day with taking a cat nap
basking in the sun.
Gotta love her!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment