The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Friday, February 7, 2014

SO Proud!!

Today is a beautiful, glorious, momentous day!!
One for the record books, hence why I'm dedicating a blog to it.
Because today....well....last night...
she did it...it happened...
SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!
Hooooorrraaaayyy!
Can you tell I'm just a tiny bit excited about this?
Scarlett is almost 6 months old and has been
waking up every 2-3 hours for nearly her whole life.
It's been exhausting, to say the least.
She fell asleep at 10:00 last night
and I woke up at 5 in the morning wondering
if I was so out of it that I fed her and didn't remember.
It's quite possible, but I don't think that was the case.
My body wasn't used to going so long without feeding her,
so rather than enjoying the extra sleep I had to wake up to pump.
When I got back in bed and turned on the monitor,
I about screamed when I saw her wide glowing eyes staring straight
into the camera.
She was wide awake and flailing around.  I figured she
would for sure start crying since it'd been so long since she ate,
so I just stayed awake waiting for her to make some noise.
But after about a half hour of wiggling around,
she fell back asleep!!
And she slept until 9:00 in the morning!!!
I seriously couldn't believe it, I thought it was too good to be true.
I never thought I would be SO excited and proud about
something like this...
but after six months and feeling like it was NEVER going to happen,
I am one proud and rested mama :)
Hopefully it will become a more regular thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment