The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Nap Time

Nap time is probably the greatest time of day.
Don't get me wrong, I completely adore Scarlett and
love the time I get to spend with her,
but I'm also convinced that nap time was invented to maintain a mom's sanity :)
Bar none, the hardest decision I have to make every day
is what to do with my precious 45-90 minute break while
my precious babe gets her beauty rest.
I almost always want to take a nap with her, and sometimes I do.
But it's quite disappointing when it takes me a while to fall asleep
and then she starts crying as soon as I drift off.
So do I try to work out quickly? 
I could...but then I usually don't have time to shower
afterwards.  So it takes up two naptimes, a total of about five hours,
to work out and then look like a mess until I am able to shower and get ready
when the next nap comes around.
And then there's cleaning....
Cleaning and folding laundry is nearly impossible when she's awake
because she conveniently follows right behind me to undo everything I've just done.
Plus... do I really want to use my precious alone time to work more?
...Not usually :)
SO, I usually just end up being a bum and watch TV, edit pictures,
or in this case, use naptime to blog about what to do during my next nap time :)
 
Random thoughts from a sleepy mama!
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment