The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Chris the Cripple

Look at this handsome devil,
all excited to go into surgery :)
 

A few months ago, my love injured his shoulder while lifting weights
and has been waiting it out to see if it would heal and get better on its own.
Then a couple weeks ago, he had an MRI and they diagnosed the labral tear
and decided it would need to get fixed and scheduled the surgery right then and there.
 
He loves that I document everything :)

 
Obviously for me and my selfish self, not the most ideal of timing, being so pregnant.
He won't be able to pick up Scarlett for two months, which is very unfortunate.
But in a sense, we're glad it happened now and that he got it fixed before dental school started.
 
*His drugged-up cheesey smile

 
He has been such a trooper though.
And though this last week has been kinda rough with lack of sleep
and trying to take care of a recovering husband and a very teething/needy toddler,
I reflected today how incredibly blessed I am.
It's been a reality check of how lucky and spoiled I've been.
Chris is the most amazing and helpful husband that I could've ever imagined.
And I realized just how much he did for us now that he can't for the time being.
He did most of the cooking, helps SO much with Scarlett, and takes such good care of me.
I feel blessed to be able to serve him at least in some little way with our current situation.
(Tonight, I even made him scrambled eggs that were edible!)
 
One of the hardest things is that he hasn't been able to play with Scarlett as much,
and she misses her daddy like crazy.
But they've gotten some pretty good cuddles in while he rests :)
So, thank you, Chris!
For being so amazing: here's to a speedy recovery!!
 

 
PS- I was really just excited to see how he would react after his first
anesthesia experience.  I was a little heartbroken when I walked in and he asked who I was, but quickly got over it and saw a video opportunity. Sorry it's a little scandalous at the end.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment