The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Friday, May 8, 2015

37 weeks!

 
 
It's finally here- I'm term!
And I realized that I haven't blogged in FOREVER so I thought it was about time.
Pregnancy's been going as good as I could hope for!
It's gone by super fast, mainly because I don't have time to really think about it much
with chasing Scarlett around.
That's been the biggest change and the hardest challenge through the whole thing:
the tiny bit of energy I have is spent on trying to take care of my sweet toddler,
but it is completely exhausting and sometimes I feel like a bad mom
that I can't run around and play with her like I want to :(
 
But other than that, things are good.
I've been having lots of contractions, but nothing super regular.
I had my 37 week appointment today and I'm 2-3 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced.
Good place to start!
And I've got my induction date scheduled for May 22nd!  Woohoo!
I am not usually an advocate for elective inductions,
I've just seen my fair share of failed inductions that result in C-Sections
and would much prefer to allow my body to do its thing on its own...
but our timing is so tight with family reunions and then moving for dental school,
that I don't really have time to wait around for this little dude!
Maybe he'll just be awesome and decide to come on his own sooner than that!
But hopefully not TOO soon, Chris is in California right now visiting his
family and building a guitar (I know, who's ever heard of someone building their own guitar?)
But that's all Chris wanted for his birthday last month, and this worked
out to be the best timing.
He'll be back next week but I warned him he better catch the first flight home
if I go into labor!
I think we'll be fine, but it still makes me a little nervous not having him here :)
 
My cute brother and sister-in-law had their precious baby boy last week.
They had to be induced for medical reasons (our due dates were only 12 days apart)
and it's making me SO much more anxious to meet my little guy!
But at the same time, seeing them is reminding me to take advantage of my sleep while I can :)
 
So for now I'll just be content nesting like a mad woman.
Hospital bags are nearly packed, car is cleaned, clothes are washed and put away.
I just need to install his car seat and I think we'll be good to go!!
Can't wait to see your sweet face, little one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment