The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

If you're happy and you know it

These past couple of weeks since our sweet beckham was born have flown by. It's been interesting trying to navigate the waters of being parents to two little ones. Obviously those first few days postpartum, my emotions were all over the place. I was a little fragile, to say the least (though not nearly as bad as I was with scarlett haha). One minute I was crying cause I was in pain and the next minute it was because I felt like scarlett hated me for not giving her undivided attention. That night I tried to play with her a little more as best as I could while feeding and holding beckham. When my hands are full, I suggest that we sing songs together. She requested "if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands". I was just glad that she was actually participating with me rather than screaming and running for Chris. I got about halfway through the song when I couldn't finish it anymore. As I sat there holding my sweet newborn and watching my precious toddler smiling and clapping, I realized how happy I truly was. And my tears of pain and frustration turned into tears of joy. I AM happy and I DO know it! Being a mother is all I've ever wanted and I'm so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy children. That trumps all the exhaustion, spit up, tantrums, messes, and time-outs that go along with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment