The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Confessions of a junk food junkie: Week 2

 Not gonna lie, this week was rough.
The initial excitement of getting healthy wore off a bit and my cravings were in full force.
It also didn't help that Beckham and Scarlett took turns getting sick so it put a major pause on going to the gym.  I'd try some days after they went to bed, but by then I'm so exhausted that exercise
is the absolute last thing I feel like doing.
BUT, I'm still trying!  And although I caved a few times with some jellybeans and a piece of cake that my generous friend graciously tempted us with (how can you say no to a 30 layer crepe cake?!)
I still consider it an improvement from before we started.
I'll just try harder this week!

So like I said, sweets are my downfall.  So I had to find something to satisfy that craving without being too horrible for me.  I found this froyo bites recipe and they're so yummy!
Especially with it getting warmer, these are so refreshing and the perfect size for a little snack.


I didn't cook as much this week because we had lots of leftovers and salads (our favorite, we never get sick of them).  But we tried this new Twice Baked Chicken Fajita Sweet Potato recipe. 
It was good, not my favorite though :)  I'm still trying to develop my taste for sweet potatoes.  I used to hate them, but now I'm coming around.  Especially to sweet potato fries!

 K, I realize that cereal is not the healthiest food.  But compared to Fruit Loops and Captain Crunch, I consider this an improvement!  Baby steps, right?  I love my spinach smoothies but sometimes it's nice to have some substance.  I just discovered this cereal.....and oh my gosh.  I think I floated away to tropical cereal paradise heaven....if there were such a thing.  SO good!!  And since we were out of milk, I used almond milk and it was delicious and I felt like I was being healthier ;)



Ha a lot of our food looks like a pile of brown with avacado on top.  Basically!
These were quinoa bowls, esentially turkey tacos without the tortilla.
One of our new favorites, it's going to be on our regular rotation.  I feel like I can eat a lot without a lot of guilt!  I'm a huge fan of ground turkey, I think it's just as yummy as beef.


If I were to do this next recipe again, I wouldn't put the zucchini in the foil wrap with the chicken, they just got super mushy.  But the chicken was delicious!  Caprese chicken foil wraps.  It's stuffed with mozarella, tomatoes, basil, and olive oil.  Yum!


This is a recipe I found a few months back and it's by far one of our favorites.  It's super easy, quick, and refreshing.  Kind of a new take on chicken noodle soup (which I hate).
Lemon rosemary orzo soup.  Basically add lemon to anything and I'm all in.



I was hesitant to even post a body pic cause I feel like I didn't change at all, and may have even gone backwards in my quest for healthy body/toned muscles.  But that's exactly why I'm blogging, to document my journey, through the good and bad, and to hold myself accountable.
Here's to a better week next week!!



But then I went and lifted today with Chris and actually saw the beginnings of results and was pretty excited. I THINK those are itty bitty muscles!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment