The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Price is Right, Perfect Cruise, Pregnancy Update

So since baby boy is due in May, and then Chris starts dental school in August,
we figured this was kind of our last chance to have a little time to ourselves
before things get crazy.
(Chris's mom was on winter break and was so sweet to babysit Scarlett)
SOOOOO...
my one request was to go to The Price Is Right.
It's been on my bucket list forever, but we've just never made it happen.
So I said, that's it, let's just do it!
We were able to score some pretty last minute tickets and away we went.
We had fun making our T-shirts (or should I say that Chris made them haha)
I was pretty dang proud of my clever idea :)
(Too bad no one at the show even acknowledged it!!  What the heck?)
 

 
We had to wake up at like 4 AM (well at least I did, you gotta get lookin your best if you're gonna be on national TV, right??)
Then we had to take off by 5, because of dumb southern CA traffic, ugh nothing makes me more upset than having to allot like 3 hours to make an hour and a half trip.
And we used all three of those hours, it was stop and go the whole time and we ended up having to run from the parking garage to the studio to make it in time.

 
So yes, there was a lot of waiting and it was a long day.
3 hours total of waiting in lines and then 2 hours of filming.
But I kid you not, and I don't want to sound dramatic, but it was one of the funnest days of my life.
Chris and I agreed that it was our favorite part of the whole vacation.
It was just so cool to see everything behind-the-scenes and to meet Drew and George.
George talked to me by name before the show started, and I got to shake Drew's hand.
Not to mention getting to sit in the front row!!!
Ah, it felt like a dream and was so exciting, I highly recommend it :)
 

 
Oh, really quick funny story.
You see our beautifully written iconic name tags??
Well I was so excited to get mine and keep is as a souvenir, and then we get to the front
of the line where the guy was writing them...
and it turned out sooooo bad, like you could hardly even read it.
No offense, but it looked like a 3 year old boy wrote it.
I was so bummed!
And then we got further along and this other guy was like "what the heck, why do these all look like crap??"
and he wrote ours over again, and then later on we saw him going up and down
the rows of 300 people re-writing every single one.
Hahaha, it was so funny, and I felt so bad for that guy who got fired from his name-writing assignment.
But I was glad to get my cute name :)
 
Next on our "babymoon" was a little 4 day cruise!!
It was just a quick Catalina/Ensenada cheapo one, but I was just so excited to get a break
from the babe, have some good entertainment, and eat as much food as I wanted. :)
PS- is my husband adorable, or what?
 

 
Blurry but beautiful sunset with the Queen Mary as we took off.
 
Oh yeah...what a stud muffin!!
He wasn't prepared for a picture, but I love it :)
 

 
I wasn't too excited about Catalina, but it was so cute!!
We took a little golf cart ride around, and it was just relaxing and quaint :)
I loved it.

 
Of course, I went straight for the little candy shop!
These are my favorite places, and we got to watch taffy be made.
 


 
Overlooking the ocean on our golf cart ride.
In the background, there was a funeral procession going on.
Apparently the week before there was a huge storm and they lost a Harbor Patrol officer,
so that was kind of neat to see how they paid their respects.
 

 
I was expecting a little more from Ensenada, to be honest, haha I wasn't too impressed.
But that's ok, it was still fun!
We took a bus ride to the main market where there was also this big blowhole.
I was more excited about the shopping, but the tour only gave us like half an hour for that.
Kind of a bummer.
 

 
We did get the most delicious tacos though!
K, little rant, I was pretty livid at Ensenada.
Literally the only thing that I had my sights set on buying was Mexican candy.
I have a slight obsession with any hard candy covered in chili,
and we couldn't find it ANYWHERE!  I left mexico without any mexican candy,
it was a sad day.
 

 
Once home from our lovely cruise, we just kind of relaxed, it was so nice.
And one day we went to the Wild Animal Park with a couple of friends and their kids.
Scarlett was loving it.
And I realized how much I can't keep up with her with my growing belly haha.
 


 
I am now 21, almost 22, weeks along!
Hmm, I think the biggest news, if I haven't already written about it,
is that I took my preliminary glucose screen and passed with flying colors!
Hooray!!
What a load off my mind.
I'd been trying to be sugar-free until I knew if I was diabetic again or not.
I'm still trying to be better about sweets, but it was nice to indulge a little bit.
I test again at 28 weeks to make sure everything's still good.
Other than that, things are going pretty smoothly.
He's just been making his presence known and is like a little ninja in my belly.
And everyone can tell now that I'm prego.
I'm just trying to enjoy this second trimester!
It's always my favorite cause I don't feel sick and am not too huge yet.
 

 
Had to add this little gem.
Scarlett's been the sweetest and her new favorite thing is giving LOTS of kisses,
including her newly learned forehead kisses.
Melts my heart :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment