The Lillenbergs

The Lillenbergs

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Let's get Physical!

Thought I'd start out with this little gem.
I was a little too entertained by our broken  mirror :)


But anyways, I'll get to the point!
Chris and I are trying to be healthier,
starting with how we eat.  We're trying to eat out less
and make more nutritious meals.
I was pretty proud of how this one turned out;
herb crusted pork tenderloin with green beans.
 


We also got some sweet sweatbands
to make us feel more intense.
I know, we're pretty intimidating!
 


We've made a goal to work out every day.
Chris came up with a "fun" little game for some of our workouts.
We each use a deck of cards and assign an exercise
for each suite, like squats or bicep curls or lunges, etc.
Then we draw a card and have to do that number of that certain exercise.
I hate kings :(
 




The other night we totalled everything up and I ended up
doing 83 bicep curls, 107 leg raises, 136 high knees, and 96 lunges.
It's a pretty good way to work out different muscle groups,
plus it goes by quickly since it feels like a game.
 


I want my pre-pregnancy body back!!
 


Here's the chart we made to motivate us.
I am one of those people that has to have a reward for my hard work :)
We developed a sticker system, and both Chris and I
have to work out that day in order to get a sticker.
5 stickers= Mini frosty
10= Frozen yogurt
20= Coldstone
30= Nice meal out
40= Nice meal out plus dessert
 
But of course I don't want to spend my hard earned stickers
on yogurt, I want to save up for a nice meal!
It's working pretty well so far,
it's now been almost two weeks and we haven't missed a day!
 


1 comment:

  1. What a good work out idea! I might steal it. :) Also, Scarlett is just perfect! What a beautiful little family.

    ReplyDelete